Sunday, December 3, 2017

Grandpa Jim's shirts turned into a baby quilt for Aubrey...................

A friend asked me if I would make a baby quilt from her late husbands shirts for his 1st grandchild. I was nervous but I said yes!
 I've had this fabric in my stash for a long time and never had the perfect quilt to use it in. Until now:)
 Stars are one of my favorite blocks to make. I used the shirts for the star tips and the cornerstones.

 The center is a picture of Grandpa Jim.

I quilted it on my grace frame and it turned out pretty good if I say so myself. The few quilts I did before I had trouble with the tension on my machine. No problems with this quilt.
 I had it done for a week or more before Barbee picked it up I kindof miss it now:) It's right up there with my favorite quilts.
 I used more of the shirts to make a doll and a couple of pillows.
 Mom and Grandpa Jim.
 Mom and Dad.
I've made several of these dolls. This is the second quilt and doll I have made from a loved ones shirts. It is an honor to be trusted with the task....JMF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Wonderful so Very Talented Julie. From Robin

Judy said...

Oh, that is so nice of you, and the shirts really add to the beauty. Thank you for sharing. (I will get to my blog on of these days. Tomorrow I need to make pillow cases)

Sara said...

That quilt is so cute and what a treasure when that baby is big enough to hear the stories of the grandfather. Wonderful project.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

It turned out wonderful and what a treasure for that family. You did a a beautiful job and I agree that your fabric was perfect. Love it all.