Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching up

I had a busy last week getting ready for our family Christmas only to have the weather postpone it for us. That's life in SD. Anyway here are a few things I  did other than cleaning and cooking.
I bought the kit for this quilt when we went to Rapid City to the stock show last year. I got it sewed together and then started hand quilting it and didn't like it so it got put aside. Then our niece had a baby girl Reese Ann so I took out the hand quilting and machine quilted it. It is ready for her when the weather permits a family get together.

 My daughter emailed and asked if I could make stockings for the kids by Sat. So I got busy and got them done only to have the weather stop the kids from coming. The weather is such a fun wrecker!!
This little tag along quilt I made some years ago for our 1st grandchild. I just got a picture of it (one that I could find anyway)! I have made each of the grandkids little quilts like this one just different designs.
 So now its off to the basement to finish the cowboy to go with Mary's cowgirl. pics later!
        JMF


No comments: