Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fabric Hoard, and cows................

 This is my western fabric stash(most of it) So Karin this is for you!!
 I wonder if they have a QA quilters anonymous I could join! The only problem is it wouldn't be anonymous we would know everyone and ask how their project are coming, and how many new ones have you started:)
 I love this piece I just haven't wanted to cut it up yet!
 It might make cute pillows for a kids room..........
 So that means the red. brown and teal fat quarters can't be cut up either!!
Some of this fabric has got to be 10 years old I hope it hasn't reached it expiration date! Just a tidbit I don't believe in expiration dates just look in my fridge. On second thought don't!!!
 The other day Lucas was here. I didn't get my memory foam pad put away quick enough and he thought it would make a great pasture for his cows, and it did!!
 He started taking pictures so here's a few.
 notice how he puts the calf right by the moms head just like in real life what a kid.
 It's to bad some of the cows have to have buffalo calves and goats for their babies whatever works....
I saw him writing on the tags (rummage sale sticker from the $ store) he would write one then look at the others and count out for the next one, it was some serious business. He had fun tagging, loading, hauling, and chasing. While I was taking pictures of my fabric hoard!! Don't turn me in to that show Hoarding....Please:)
Sarah made  one for Lucas, and one for his cousin. She had me sew on the eyes and beak. She also made a monkey one but I didn't get a picture of that one. SO SO Cute..
Sorry their is no western fabric left for anyone else........JMF

2 comments:

Sandy said...

LOL! I think you are okay for now. We won't turn you in for hoarding. Such cute fabric! Perfect for any cowboy or cowgirl.

I love the hat! So cute! and warm..

Dirt Road Quilter said...

LOL! Thank you! Now I don't feel so alone! Whew! I see alot of prints I DON'T have! That one print is darling and yes, it would be darling as pillows in a child's room! See, you think like I do and no, I don't think you qualify for Hoarders. If you were, you wouldn't even be able to find the fabric. :)

I love how children's minds work when they play! Just so cute to listen to them. And that hat is great! I could have used it this morning when we processed steers this morning...brr.