Saturday, April 8, 2017

Cows and quilts......JMF

 The cows are in the calving pasture and cow town is set up:)
 We found a couple new calves the other night when I went along with Greg to check.
 I noticed this when Greg was shutting the gate and had time for one quick shot. It's a mile or more away so not the best quality pic.
  I made these two quilts  for Lucas.  The one above is his new bed quilt. It is the same Fons and Porter pattern I have made a few times before. The surrounding blocks Lucas picked out from my wildlife/hunting tote of fabric. I have 3 of 7 quilts done for the grandkids. I have a good start on the 4th one, and know what I'm making for the other 3.
 He loves baseball and I saw this on Pinterst so that was a good enough excuse for me! I had a found a big enough piece of cream colored fabric add some red and the rest is history:) I did cut bias strips to make the stitching and hand appliqued on.  I used a basketball fleece on the back.
Spring my favorite time of year..................................JMF

3 comments:

Judy said...

I sure like your quilt. It's beautiful! I have always wanted to make something like this for my hubby. They are great fabrics and your black sets them off. I bet you like Holly Taylor fabrics as much as I do. Congratulations on a job well done. And the cows are nice too.

cucki said...

aww sweet..
lovely pictures...
love and smiles xxx

Sara said...

The baseball quilt is great. He'll love it, I'm sure.