Friday, January 11, 2013

Pillow, apron wedding and a injury...........

 I made this pillow for Sarah for Christmas. Hopefully she will get some real Peacocks this summer.
 So I know it's been awhile since I posted. 3 weeks ago today our son Jared cut his right hand on a piece of tin. It cut all the tendons in all the fingers. To make a long story short he ended up in MN for surgery and now is on the long road to recovery. It takes 12 weeks for the tendons to completely heal. There is lots of therapy to be done, which he has already started. I just thank the good Lord that he was sent to St Mary's in Rochester MN. He had a team of Dr's that worked on his hand for nearly 6 hours on a Sun. A prayer or 2 wouldn't hurt:) It's onward and upward from here, I will keep you posted. Now on the happier things.
 We have had some frosty and foggy mornings.

 The red and white apron I made for Sarah for Christmas.
 I had kindof a peacock theme going for her:) I had the apron all ready for a picture at my place and I guess I forget to take it and put it away before she saw it. The other one was her last year's Christmas present.
 This is my niece and her man getting married in Las Vegas!!! If you want to see it go to Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel. There is a video of the wedding that will be there for 90 days. They got married Jan 8th Elvis birthday.
Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I kept checking back to see what you are up to... thought you all might have the flu. So sorry about your son's hand. Will definitely pray for healing and use of his hand to return.

My DH's birthday is Jan. 8. He always says it's the 2 KINGS birthday!!

Glad to see you back!

Ranch Wife said...

Oh, yikes! Sorry to hear about Jared's accident - that's scary, but happy to hear that the surgery went well, Hope he's on the on the way to a speedy recovery although 12 weeks sounds like forever when you're waiting for something like that to heal. I'm so behind in my blog reading, but I'm adding him to my prayers today and I'll looks for updates.