Monday, September 23, 2013

Guess What it is????????????







Can anyone guess what is in this?? The other morning Greg said I finally caught one!!!
 When he told me what it was I said "Yeah Sure you did" But he did. It was a hummingbird!!
I'd like so to tell you Greg is as fast as a hummingbird and as sly as a fox but that's not the case:) The little thing was drinking out of the feeder and all of a sudden fell to the deck and Greg grabbed it and brought it in the house. When I came out of the bedroom it had woke up and was flapping around so I took it out to the deck and slid the lid over away he went.



I don't know if this is him. They kind of look like little old men to me. Kindof  needs their hair combed and alittle rough around the edges!! Oh I guess that's my look most days too:)



 The one and only this year. We were sorting them the day the truck was coming to get them and Greg noticed that she was close to calving. she is our only cow now!! She did have her calf about a week later. We have a few yearling left to keep this guy or gal and his mom company.
 They are so cute wish they were tame.

 Her bugged evil eye lets you know to back the heck off of my baby!
 He was posing so nice I had to take a picture of him.

 cool clear water...............
 Almost done fall calving just a couple left.
 Me, Suzie and Farley
 These guys were around yesterday one landed on the screen of the office window. There were four of them.
 The underneath of their wings are yellow.
I better get that water freshened up.......................JMF

1 comment:

Sara said...

Beautiful photos as always Julie. That hummingbird story is kind of intriguing. Wonder why he fell off the feeder?

We have a large flock of wild turkeys that come through our yard most days. Yesterday morning they came through and this time there were 2 white turkeys in the group. I'm wondering if they are albino or escaped domestic turkeys.

We are sure lucky to live somewhere that we can enjoy the wildlife that is bountiful here.