Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A winner and a week in review.

 New members of the boys chicken family. So far 2 chicks hatched and a lot of eggs got eaten by something or Susie (the dog) no one knows for sure. Their is a hen setting now and the dog can't get in with her.
 School colors rug for the grade school library. Sarah found the fabric and I sewed it up for her.
 Fall calving is in full swing.

 kiss from mom
 Someone needs a haircut. This is Clyde from the famous horse duo Bonnie (Lucas') and Clyde (Johnny's).
 Last years fall calves wondering why we always drive past them.
 Me outstanding in the bean field. Yes I am standing at my full height of 5 feet 2 inches! I know I'm short. Once in awhile I stand on the step or two next to Greg so I can be as tall as him I don't know what it would be like if I was it's funny to stand face to face with him. I regress sorry.......maybe I need meds!!!!!!!
 Silage cutting


 Trouble

 Dust from the truck going by.
 All's well that ends well.Stay in the middle Greg.
 Butterball at the fair. Johnny and Butterball got 3rd in the Charolais Jr class and 2nd in the 4-H show. Good job. Kordell our oldest grandson gave his fencing demonstration and got a blue. He did a good job not nervous and had the judges laughing. I think he is going to be an excellent speaker.
 A 1st time grandparent gift.
 brand new
 These are dragon flies there were hundreds of them flying above the hay bales the other night.
  and the winner of the blog hop is.......................................
 drum roll please...........................................
Becky and she wants the dog bag!! for her cousin Peg. Congratulations Becky I will email her so she doesn't have to read this    llllllooooooooonnnnnnngggggggg post:) Thanks to everyone that left a comment and who became followers of my blog I am so grateful to all of you for taking the time to visit.

JMF

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Love the pictures of your very active farm! My farm is much quieter - fewer animals and people :)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Yay for Becky, silage season, baby calves, sewing, and Fairs! Are you standing on your tip toes in taht bean field? :)