Friday, May 18, 2012

Blogger's quilt festival...my applique quilt

 I have posted about this quilt before, but it is a favorite of mine.
It is from the book Critters Dancin' in the moonlight.
 I started it when Jared and Sarah were expecting Lucas. I think I started in the winter and he was born in June. I started with the barn panel thinking if I didn't think I could hand applique the whole thing I at least wanted the farm panel.
 I keep going and got it done!!!

 I quilted it myself on my almost 40 year old machine it is a Good Housekeeper has anyone heard of that brand? I always say it's the only good housekeeper that lives here LOL.







 It was a labor of love.                                      
 This one is Regan's our youngest grandchild.
 Same book only I embroider the animals and colored them in. I set with an iron.
 I didn't quilt this one. I wanted it done just like the one in the book.




same pattern 2 different ways:)
I love them both. Regan's hang above his crib in his John Deere room.
Gotta go look at  the rest of the quilts in the festival. Just click on the button on the right side of my blog Blogger's Quilt Festival.
JMF:)

12 comments:

Geta Grama said...

A labor of love indeed. I am sure they feel your love. Lovely quilts, I imagine the work you put in them.

Kate said...

How fun! You did a beatiful job on both quilts.

Cynthia said...

I am so impressed that you actually finished that quilt! I bought the book, and a lot of fabric, but never dived in! Good for you it is such a cute quilt!

CitricSugar said...

Great job! What a sweet quilt!

Anonymous said...

So sweet.

Mom said...

Very Playful!

Hope you visit my blog too,

margaret gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Sarcastic Quilter said...

This is so freaking cute!

The Thompsons said...

oh my goodness - this is seriously adorable- I love it! So cute!

Sandy said...

A true show of love is in both quilts!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a fantastic job you did with this quilt. It's a true treasure for that special little one!

Eileen said...

both are darling quilts--lots and lots and lots of work!!! lucky children to have them. thanks for sharing and have a great day

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Those are both too cute - I'll bet the kids love them! A labor of love is right, but those animals are just darling. I just might have to look for this book...just in case. I'm a newbie appliquer (is that even a word?), but I imagine I might have it figured out after working on this quilt.