Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yearlings and Quilts all in one day!

Sold our yearlings in Mitchell on Thursday. Good market right now so life is good!!!
Thursday night was our Quilt guild's salad and dessert supper with a quilt show.
 Earlier in the year at our meeting we drew 2 colors out of a sack and we had to use those to make something. We could add other colors if we wanted to.
 Kay made the pink and blue one it matched her 2 colors she drew perfect.
 This little lady is Charlene's. It looks like alot of time and patience to me!
The trunk show was by the owners of the quilt shop in Watertown. Lots of neat quilts made by a mother and son.


 The son made the red and black one.
I always liked Sunbonnet Sue!
 Sorry about the carpeted pole in the picture. If I remember right this was the son's first quilt, and I think he said it has 1500 pieces in it.
 I'm thinking that would have been my first and last!!


No the picture is blurry it is call a reflection quilt. I have to admit it looks better in person. It never ceases to amaze what you can do with some cut up fabric!!
 I really liked this heart quilt.
This was was unique in that it has the flower bulbs. She said some people say they look like ants, kindof big for ants!
And last but not least the food!!!!!!!!! oh the food so good
 2 tables of desserts to one of salads now that's my kind of meal!!!!!!!!!!
and because of that I need to walk at least 10 miles a day...........JMF

1 comment:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

So thankful the market is good. It helps balance the fact that we haven't seen rain since Sept. And time surrounded by good friends, beautiful quilts, and scrumptious food is always something to be thankful for! As for walking that 10 miles...I'm having trouble keeping up with 5 and I have to do it before 6 a.m. in order to beat the triple temps. Still not willing to give up a good dessert though!